Night Lights

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Before I start with my blog...this is my 400th blog post!  Woohoo!  I'm never imagined I would hit the 400 mark when I first started writing blog posts... 

Last night I met my friend for dinner in a part of town that I don't usually frequent.  The dinner itself was good but a little odd...service is not usually that great in Singapore and last night was no different.  It is really a shame because had it been just a little bit better the whole meal experience would have been fabulous.

After dinner we walked up the street to the Singapore Art Museum.  The SAM was one of the spots for the 'Night Lights 2011' exhibit.  The brochure they handed out claimed we should "be dazzled by the nine-evening outdoor showcase of spectacular light installations from France."  I'm not sure that I was 'dazzled' or that I would call it 'spectacular' but I had no idea it was going on and it was fun to come across.

I only had my teeny-tiny, point & shoot camera so didn't get great pictures but hold true to Alan and my friend Tina's recommendations that you should always be ready with a camera in your bag...you never know what you are going to come across... 
 
The exhibit that was the most interesting to watch was called 'Lyrical Perspective' and was at the SAM. 

They used lights on the outside of the SAM building which came alive when somebody spoke into a microphone.  I was able to get a few seconds of it on video so hopefully you get an idea...
Another of the exhibits was called "Lampounettes' which were just gigantic table lamps...
One of the exhibits that was cool to see in person but couldn't really be captured on camera was called 'Parking Mad'.  There was a row of about 20 Volvo cars parked in front of the Singapore National Museum.  They had frosted windows and lights inside that would light up in sequence...
The exhibit that I liked the best was called 'Green Invaders' and reminded me of my youth playing Space Invaders on our original Atari...

1 comments:

Paul Neal September 7, 2011 at 7:01 AM  

Congratulations on the 400th Blog. We all really appreciate reading them. It is cool that I actually know where the SAM is!

Post a Comment