Goodbye Singapore

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I wish I would have written my future self a letter or had been blogging when I first arrived in Singapore three and a half years ago.  It would be interesting to see what I thought about Singers back then and what I thought I might get out of this international assignment.

My original thought was to write a blog that summarized my time in Singapore which included some of my favorite memories and pictures, etc.  Instead, I am in the midst of all sorts of emotions about leaving.  I'm super excited to be coming home and looking forward to returning to US living and being around Alan and the kitties and all of my great friends and family.  But...I am also incredibly sad...I knew I would be sad about leaving my friends but am also a bit nostalgic about leaving my everyday haunts here.

Saying goodbye sucks...there is just nothing good about it.  I'm confident that I will see some of my friends here again but know that it was the final goodbye for some of the others.  I'm relatively sure that I will be back in Singapore for a visit but...this may be last time here.  Ugh...like I said, saying goodbye sucks.

So...instead of writing a blog that summarizes my time based on my experiences I will just say thank you to Singapore.  Thank you to Alan for living halfway around the world from me.  Thank you to my company for affording me this opportunity.  Thank you to all of my friends and family who have kept in touch with me long distance.  Thank you to all of my Singers friends for welcoming me so readily.  Thank you to myself for having the courage to come here in the first place and to experience everything that I have the past few years.

I think that if I would have written myself a letter back when all of this started I would have told myself to enjoy it and to make the most of it.  I can honestly say that I have no regrets about the experience.  I have been so many places and seen so many things that I never thought I would get to see or do.  I have met some amazing people who, regardless of if I see them again, will forever me part of my time here and are part of memories.

So...goodbye...for now...to Singers...you've been great to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment