Autumn rocks

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Last year I didn't get to experience autumn. 

Okay...I know that I have lots of posts about the weather which seems a bit odd...but when you live in a place that doesn't have a change of season you really learn to appreciate them.

I saw a very teeny-tiny bit of autumn when I was in South Korea last year but not a lot.  I was getting worried with the extended summer that I wouldn't get to experience it this year either.  Mother Nature has decided to cooperate and autumn has FINALLY arrived in NC.  Can I get a woohoo???

I love autumn!  It has always been my favorite season and I appreciate it that much more this year.  Cooler temps, crisp air, apples, leaves that crunch under your feet, and most of all pumpkins...

I adore pumpkins.  They are pretty to look at, fun to carve, and incredibly tasty to eat.  I can eat just about anything pumpkin flavored.  And the smell of pumpkin and fall squash...mmm...  Earlier this week Alan baked acorn squash and the next night we had roasted sweet potatoes.  They tasted amazing but what I may have loved more was the aroma they created in the house.  Again, not something that I can get in Singapore.

This past weekend we were at the NC State Farmer's Market and they had heaps of pumpkins and mums and gourds...


What is your favorite part of autumn?  And have you opened your windows to enjoy the crisp, cool air?

0 comments:

Post a Comment