Jetlag fun...

Sunday, October 17, 2010

I arrived back in Singapore around midnight Friday night and by about 2am I was in bed and fast asleep.  I slept until about 10am when I woke up with a killer headache...the hangover kind of headache but minus the alcohol to make the headache worth it.  I took some meds and went back to bed to try and sleep it off...until 4pm...whoopsie!  I generally try and get right up the day I arrive to beat the jetlag.  Clearly that didn't happen yesterday.

I did finally get myself up so that I could move from my bed to the sofa and promptly took a nap for an hour...whoopsie!  Thankfully I had dinner plans that forced me to get up and get showered.  My good friend Sonya had a few of us over for a home-cooked dinner which was amazing!  Especially since I have zero food in my apartment.  Thankfully there is a 7/11 on the first floor of my building so I was able to buy a small bottle of milk for my morning coffee.

Last night I was worried I wouldn't be able to sleep after sleeping almost the entire day.  It wasn't too much of an issue and made it to bed about 11:30 pm and slept through until 5am this morning.  Instead of risking another day of sleeping too much I've been up since then.  I wish I could say that I have been super productive but other than chatting with Alan and enjoying some coffee and bad television I haven't done much.  I feel like I may have wasted the time but looking over at the clock it is only 8am so I am not too worried about finding some time to be productive throughout the rest of the day.  Thanks much jetlag...

0 comments:

Post a Comment