Movies

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Friday night I went to a movie with a friend.  However it wasn't just a normal movie going experience...we went Gold Class.

What is Gold Class you ask?

It is a bit like flying business class but in a movie theater.  It was sooooo cool!  It was a smaller theater with only about 6-8 rows total.  Instead of normal seats there were big, comfy chairs.  They were set in pairs so it was nice and private.

We sat down in our super comfy chairs and I realized there was a blanket sitting on my seat.  And...the chair...it was a recliner.  It fully reclined...holy cow!  Could this possibly get any more exciting?

Um...yes...

Just as I had popped my shoes off, fully reclined and got settled under my blanket a nice lady came up with a menu.  Yep...they have full meal and bar service.  We opted for wine and popcorn (they mix the salty and sweet kind).  Throughout the movie the wait staff just sort of show up when you need them and bring you anything you ask for.

Obviously the cost of the ticket was a bit more than a normal ticket would be.  But to be honest, I think it was totally worth it.  It was also nice to have food and wine delivery service right to your chair.  The prices weren't any more expensive than they would be in a normal restaurant.

Overall I give the Gold Class movie going experience two thumbs up!

2 comments:

Unknown November 1, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

OMG I would die. what a fabulous idea.

So, what movie did you see?

Kate November 1, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

I saw Social Network. It was an okay movie but certainly enchanced by the Gold Class experience.

Post a Comment