Deuce

Saturday, November 6, 2010

This morning I was out for some Saturday morning errands and stopped by my favorite store, Daiso to pick up a couple of things for a friend.  I rode up the escalators and turned the corner and HOLY COW...in the place of my favorite Japanese $2 store was a restaurant! 

What?! 

Had they gone out of business? 

Did they move and not leave me, their most favorite shopper, a forwarding address?

Um...I am not happy about this...

Not knowing who to ask for assistance I just went about my shopping.  I wandered through another store and could not find what I was looking for.  As I was leaving, a little frustrated, I looked down the stores and at the end of the shopping center, on a different level I saw this...

Not only was my favorite store still open...it is now about 5 times as big as it used to be.  It was as if the skies parted and they sent the store straight from heaven...begin harmonic angels singing now...

Okay...maybe it wasn't quite like that but seriously, this place is SO much nicer than the last one.  It is really well lit, there are actual aisles and room to move around, and there is a much bigger selection.  And...it is still always $2 for every item.

I honestly have no idea why I love this store so much.  It is loads of fun to wander around and read the quirky translations from Japanese to English.  There are also a bunch of completely random items.  If you ever come to Singapore I'll take you to the new and improved Daiso...are you excited?

3 comments:

AJH November 6, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

Hurrah! I'll have to come back just to shop there - the one thing I didn't like was how crowded that store always was

Alan November 9, 2010 at 5:50 AM  

Here is what you need to do with your Daiso finds!
http://www.flickr.com/groups/daiso/

And there are a few stores in the US
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daiso
(wrong coast though)
;-)

Post a Comment