Just hanging out

Saturday, March 19, 2011

It's funny how when you are in your own environment you tend to not notice the little things.

Living alone in another country can be a bit lonely sometimes. 

I'm lucky that I have a good friend here who also has her entire family here.  A husband, a 20-something daughter, and a high-school age daughter.  I'm also lucky that she invites me over for dinner quite frequently.  The food is amazing...that I will not deny...however...more than the food I tend to enjoy the family banter that occurs and the fact that they allow me into their little bubble of a family.  I had dinner there tonight and we had lots of banter and lots of laughter and lots of great food and we watched a very funny and silly movie.

I hope that all of you are able to do that with your family...very soon...and if you are a great person you'll invite the local person who may not have their family around...trust me...they'll appreciate it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment