The Cable Guy

Friday, June 18, 2010

I returned home from Beijing to find out that my cable box decided to go on a permanent vacation.  I called the customer service line to see if they could do anything about it from the office but they weren't able to.  Instead, they said they'd have to send somebody out to my apartment to have it swapped out.

Initially, they said the first available appointment was Saturday.  I must admit...and I am not proud of this...I sort of panicked about not having television for three entire days...what on earth would I do???  I realized I had plenty to read and plenty of dvds to watch so would be fine.  Regardless, I asked if they had any earlier appointments and sure enough, they did so we scheduled the appointment for last night.

They were scheduled to arrive between 6:30 - 8:00 pm.  How nice is it that it was only an hour and a half window...back home it'd be at least a 4 hour window.  The cable guy showed up at about 7:15 pm and was gone by about 7:30 pm.  It was a quick swap and the guy was really nice.

It was the first service that I've had at my apartment.  Not too much different than those at home.  It was nice to have an evening appointment and to have it be a shorter window to have to wait.

And now...I've got the television on in the background sort of watching some silly show.  Phew!

0 comments:

Post a Comment