Smog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Smoggity, smog, smog...there is a lot of smog in Beijing.  I heard a lot about it leading up to the summer Olympics there a few years ago.  I never really realized just how bad it could possibly be.  I've been to LA and London and New York and Mexico City so I have seen smog...um...not Asian smog...holy cow is it bad in Beijing.  Want an idea...take a look...

 
That sky is all smog people...there were no clouds in the sky...just smog. 

BTW - this picture was taken whilst I was standing on Tian'anmen Square.  I particularly like it because of the guy walking toward me in red.  I suspect I am in many, many pictures looking just like he does.

Back to the smog...walking around Beijing makes feel like you a sort of have a film on you that makes you want to shower again.  I cannot imagine living there and breathing it in all of the time.  They really should get an EPA and some air cleaners and maybe less cars and a lot wind to blow the smog far, far away.

That is the best picture that I could get of the Bird's Nest...apparently the smog made me take a crooked picture too...

3 comments:

Angela Neal June 24, 2010 at 12:24 AM  

WOW that is really crazy! I can't imagine living like that all the time. Do they ever see sunlight?

rocket betty June 24, 2010 at 1:54 AM  

Ugh!!! That smog is really gross!

AJH June 24, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

Eek! You don't want to blow it away -- it'd come to the US west coast!

Post a Comment