75...4...26

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

No, that is not the combination to my high school locker...

It has been 75 days since I have been at the airport and on an airplane.  Can you believe it?  I think this is the longest I have gone without being on a plane in a few years.  Are there new security rules?  What are the in-flight movies?  Have they changed the safety speech?  (Exits are to the front, middle, and rear of the aircraft....white lights lead to red lights indicating the exits...)

Of course, that will all be resolved tomorrow when I hit 4 different airports and travel for about 26 hours on a plane on my return trip to Singapore. I'll be RDU - ORD - HKG - SIN.  I leave first thing in the morning and arrive late, late on Friday night Singers time.  I am a little excited because I'll have a brief layover in Hong Kong which I have not yet visited.  Even though I won't step foot outside of the airport I will be seeing a teeny bit of a new country.

I'm going to miss being at home.  It has been so nice to experience the amazing spring weather we've had.  And...I won't have Alan or the kitties at my apartment or good friends in Singapore.  However, I do have a lot of work that will keep me very busy and I'll be back in Durham before I know it.  I'm not sure why, but knowing when the next visit will be makes it a little easier when leaving.  So I shall try not to dwell on the sad parts about leaving...

Instead, I need to get packing...did I mention that I'm leaving early tomorrow morning?

0 comments:

Post a Comment